Cannes Film Festival - 2006

A journal of my experiences at the Cannes Film Festival in May, 2006.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm officially referring to myself as a celebrity now...

I think I mentioned in a previous post that lots of people were taking pictures of and with those of us begging for DVC tickets Wednesday night. Though I didn't make it into the NY Times like one of my fellow students, I did make "Matt Dentler's Blog" and the Metro daily paper here in Cannes.

I'm officially referring to myself as a celebrity now because when I was back out begging for Volver tickets Friday night, several people recognized me from the Metro. I even signed a few autographs...Okay, no, I didn't do that, but I so would have if someone would have asked!! One lady did rush up to me, though, and said "Oh! You're here again, I have a ticket for you!" So, I got into my second premiere of the festival. I had also gotten into Fast Food Nation that morning using the same tactic. Who would believe this actually works???

Peace. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home