Cannes Film Festival - 2006

A journal of my experiences at the Cannes Film Festival in May, 2006.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Celebrity sightings...

I saw Bai Ling and Charlie Sheen yesterday at the Majestic hotel. They weren't together. :)

Charlie Sheen was in town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Platoon, which screened last night. Seeing him up close was a real experience. Most of you reading know that I have a, um, slight fascination with celebrities. I'm an Us Weekly subscriber, I read People.com, etc. Because of that, I've read all about the crap that's (allegedly) going on in Mr. Sheen's life right now. Even if everything that's in the magazines right now is totally fabricated, there are people reading it and talking about it. For him to have to come to such a public place and do publicity was, I'm sure, a little uncomfortable. He was much more a real person and much less celebrity tabloid fodder to me yesterday.

I've been feeling for a while that perhaps my celebrity obsession is out of control. I mean, I love movies, tv, music, all of that. And I greatly admire and respect many of the people involved in those industries. All of the gossipy (is that a word?) stuff seems a little crazy, though. Seeing Mr. Sheen sort of brought all of that into focus. I mean, here's this guy, trying to live his life, knowing everyone is talking about the most private things he's going through. How awful.

Gee, look at that...I think I just matured a little. :)

Peace. Out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barrett said...

you, obsessed with celebrities? no.........

12:43 PM  
Anonymous celebrities died on birthday said...

Most of the great hotels and event venues have a staff policy of refraining from asking for autographs or photographs with visiting performers.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home