Cannes Film Festival - 2006

A journal of my experiences at the Cannes Film Festival in May, 2006.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I wish I could be a writer too...

Doing all this writing for class has really gotten me wondering if I could actually get paid to do this thing I enjoy so much. Who knows? I'll definitely be looking into it when I'm settled back at home.

One of my inspirations has been getting to know Allison Firor, the girl who coordinates this program for UGA every year. She is a totally cool girl and a truly amazing writer. She specializes in screenplays, but has most recently been recognized by Vanity Fair.

Her essay, Digital Killed the Analog Star, attempts to answer the question: What's on the minds of America's youth? Funny, introspective, remarkable, original, and relevant, it comes in the form of an Instant Message conversation. It is absolutely brilliant. I guarantee you won't have read anything like it.

Peace. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home